Friday, September 13, 2013

Japanese cooking class


Ohayoo gozaimasu!!  (ohio-go-si-mus)  Good morning!  Well, it is here anyway. :)

The base here does a lot of activities to get everyone involved: classes, tours, events, etc.  I decided to sign up for the Japanese cooking class which they offer once a month.  

This month recipes were sweet tofu wrapped rice balls, potato croquettes and egg pudding.   

I actually expected to be cooking myself, but when I walked in to see only 2 stoves I knew that wouldn't be happening.  

Probably for the best. 

Instead, 3 sweet Japanese ladies took over and showed us how to make each part of the meal.  They did give us a hand out with recipes, but while they were cooking I slowly realized they were not following the recipe AT. ALL.  Even the ingredients were different!  


{making croquettes}

{sweet Japanese lady making tempura soju-it's a leaf}

Sooooooo....egg pudding.  

This was gross.  

It has cooked chicken in the bottom and crab on top.  They steam the eggs so it's similar to a custard.

Again, g-ross.  





{ta-da!}


Overall, I'd go back to another class.

Let's hope next time they are doing ramen.



Ja mata!!  (see you later)


No comments:

Post a Comment