Monday, October 14, 2013

Just call me Bob Villa

I've been following a few blogs lately that are dedicated to DIY furniture and other wood crafts and I thought I really should try some things myself.  After all, how hard can it really be!? ;)

Our wood shop here on base has access to all sorts of power tools and you can even buy various types of wood right there.   

For my first project, I wanted to start with something simple to get familiar with the different types of saws and just to become more comfortable with the wood shop itself.   Every time I go in, there are always a few men working who know exactly what they are doing and it can be intimidating.  
But, the man who runs the shop is a sweet Japanese national named Kashi, who has worked there for over 15 years, and he's been a huge help!

So onto making my iPad stand.  I bought all supplies from Homac, similar to Lowe's.  One part was already cut the size I needed so that was a bonus.





I've been working on another, much bigger, project which I should finish this week.

Stay tuned.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Love the Blog...great job on the iPad stand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! I'm super impressed! It must be so nice to have a arts/crafts place to go and be creative at! I would LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete